Emergency Dental Care
What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is any situation that poses an immediate threat to the health of your teeth and supporting tissues. Dental emergencies are often the result of impact to the mouth, but they also can be caused by infection. To ensure the best possible outcome, any dental emergency should be evaluated by a professional immediately.
How soon can I be seen?
We offer same–day emergency services for most conditions.
Monday–Thursday: 8:30a – 4:30p
Friday: 8a – Noon
After Hours Emergencies:
For severe dental emergencies after hours, such as significant infection, pain, trauma or lost teeth, please call our emergency number: Ocean Springs Office Phone Number 228-215-3003
If you can’t get into our office immediately, here is a list of effective home remedies to make you more comfortable while you wait for care:
- Warm water rinses for sore teeth and gums.
- Over the counter pain medication such as ibuprofen (NOT aspirin).
- Ice packs applied to the outside of cheeks.
- Dental anesthetics containing benzocaine may be used as directed on the package for pain.
- Avoid overly hot and cold beverages and foods to reduce sensitivity.
- Heating pads may be used for jaw pain.
- Avoid chewing in the injured area.
- If a broken tooth has a sharp edge, cotton can be placed over it to protect soft tissues in your mouth.
We are here to help. We urge you to call us at the first sign of a dental emergency!